 Space / 17742
Re: What classifies as 'My Own Creation?'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 00:46:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Hello, it is me, again, Jesse.  I had another interesting question to ask to
the people online and it is can any creation be created for any LEGO theme
and be considered a 'My Own Creation?'  I was just wondering since Daniel
Jassim had made his little LEGO set and I would figure that I would try
something decidely LEGO Space-like to provide some variety.

If LEGO ever bought some of Daniel Jassim's designs to issue them, that
would be great, I'd be buying them right away, he's an awesome designer...
but I think you may possibly have Daniel Siskind (designer of the Blacksmith
Shop, the first My Own Creation set issued by LEGO(r)) confused with Daniel
Jassim.

Either that or I misunderstood your question.

As to what a MOC is, (the term was in general use here before Lego Direct
started using it) it is what you say it is. If you created it, it's a MOC.

Hope that helps.

I think that I was thinking of Daniel Siskind (sorry, Mr. Jassim and Mr.
Siskind for confusing you two) at the time, Larry.  I think that you also
got some My Own Creations that LEGO has acquired from you that will be
coming out soon.  Is that true, Mr. Pieniazek?

Well, anyway, I already knew that what we do in here and what we consider a
My Own Creation applies to any LEGO model that is not a standard LEGO set
but thank you for informing me anyway, Larry.  What I was asking was if the
same rules applied to the My Own Creation genre of LEGO itself?  Well, I
will be watching Tomorrow Never Dies and thinking of anime and manga along
with some nifty little LEGO space craft.

Jesse Long