 Space / 17716
Re: Structural engineering on large Lego spacecraft.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:38:21 GMT

Very interesting! If not very recent. personally, i do something different:
a reinforced spine made out of flat 2x* plates. I make about 6 of these that
have a total thickness of 3. I than attack these together with normal
bricks. The result is an insanely strong chassis that can easily support
your ship. I used this on my Emavolice battlecrusier. The only problem is
that it has to be built before the section that will surround it is built.
Also, its real hard to destroy (Try slamming it with your fist 15 times, see
if it lasts. my first ship with this did O.o