 Space / 11244
11243  |  11245
Subject:
Structural engineering on large Lego spacecraft.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:47:57 GMT

When I look at a lot of people's ships, they seem to use lateral cross-beams
with either no spinal support or some to help manage stress on the frame...
What I'm wondering is how effective is that for you guys? My largest ship (7
or 8 pounds) uses lateral cross-beams with 2 independent spines, it works
pretty well, but not at well as I'd like..
Anyhow, how do you guys manage the structural integrity of large ships? And
how much does the frame warp?