 Space / 17682
Re: Easy starfield, planet and star recipe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 02:28:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Don Heyse writes:
Pretty picture, but the first thing that comes to mind is the planet
looks wrong.

Thank you for your suggestions. I was trying to keep this recipe as basic as
possible--sort of an intro for those who haven't tried this. Thus, that
particular picture was not an exercise in astronomical accuracy but more for
simply using the Photoshop tools, effects and methods I've been trying out.
I plan on going into more detail in future posts and sample planetary
renderings but please feel free to share a more accurate rendering that you
created and the steps you took. I am eager to learn.

Dan