 Space / 17229
Re: Open the pod bay doors, Hal....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:19:57 GMT

Very movie accurate Joe.  The EVA was the original inspiration for mine as well!

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Meno writes:
Hi all,

After 3 freelance jobs, one sci-fi convention, and a boatload of stuff that
just took up my time, I built my pod. Not just any pod, mind you, but a pod
from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The arms move, and the back opens up. Also, the rear hatch opens, though not
accurately...couldn't figure that one out.

Here are some deep links...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/2001Pod/pod1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/2001Pod/pod4.jpg

More pics can be found by changing the pod number on the above tags. There are
7 pics total.

and the folder to open when it's moderated:

LMKWYT!

Thanks!

Joe Meno