 Space / 17125
Re: Moonbase Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:02:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Eric Sophie writes:
Hey all, I had a thought, but first a big congrats to ALL on the Moonbase
Projects. Was it Jon Palmer who first suggested it? Anyway, it turned out
great, and continues to bring us together.

Well sorta.  Jon Palmer was just one of the people in the roundtable that
talked about and then decided on the standard.

Ok here's my thought, what if there was a way to take a standarized picture
of each person's Moonbase Module so that all of the pictures could be
arranged as sort of a collage. This way we could see all the modules
together as if they were set up in a huge display!

Actually Ken Koleda suggested something really similar to this on MichLUG's
list a few weeks ago.  His suggestion was to take a picture from above.  A
top down view.  Arrange them like some sort of old Sim City.  This would
also help planning for a moonbase layout.

It may be impossible or impracticle to get everyone accross the contry or
the world for that matter together so we could fit all the modules together.

Maybe, that's why a top down view would be the best.

I think it would be cool to see all the modules fitted together even if it
was by arranging the pictures together so a giant colony can be seen as a whole.

Indeed, it would be really cool.

Thoughts?

Eric Sophie

I'll try to get a good pic of all my modules (1) this weekend.

-Jason

(1) New one almost finished, look for it in the pictures of MichLUG's
meeting from this weekend.  Offical debut Monday or Tuesday.

Jason Spears
MichLUG - http://www.michlug.org/
Lego Page - http://www.ozbricks.com/brickcentral/