 Space / 16864
Re: 3 new MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:07:25 GMT

The Starlancer has a really interesting shape Ryan....ships that are
constructed on a pod-and-beam basis give a sense of a true space faring
vessel not dependent or subject to aerodynamics or gravity.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Ryan Schamp writes:
Hello,
I have had some free time over the last couple of weeks and was able to build
for the first time in a long time.  I am soliciting feedback because I have
been trying consciously to develop a more complex style of building.

Starlancer:
I saw some connectional art from the Starlancer video game and tried to copy
the basic shape and design.  I really like the cockpit and the tail gunner
section.  Almost immediately after posting these pictures I had a brainstorm
and made a few changes to make it more secure/stable and also a bit more
uniform in color.

Airblade:
Not much to say, this wasn't hard to build, but I think it looks cool.

Killer Bubble:
I had an idea (The same one a lot of people have had) for an almost 360-degree
cockpit.  Then I thought weapons and propulsion units should face in both
directions on the main-axis meaning that there was no front or back.  The
pilot?s station swivels to utilize this cockpit.  Unfortunately, I think things
look a little to busy and cluttered and I probably will redesign the entire
ship but still incorporating the 360-degree cockpit.

Sorry about the picture size, I forgot to switch the setting on my digital
camera.

Thanks alot,
Ryan