 Space / 15873
Re: MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:30:42 GMT

I like the look of the Frostbite Luke...the wing configuration really gives
it a sense of speed.

As for sets with good parts selection, I would have to say that 3 sets that
would basically see you through a wide variance of elements would be:

- Republic Gunship (canopies, click joints, long slopes, inverse slopes,
hinges and pivots)
- AT-ST (click joints, some grey, 2 'landing feet')
- Pod Race set (some nice alt colours, interesting tile prints, rounded bricks)

Admittedly, the Gunship and Pod Race are expensive, but you really only
would need one of each. The AT-ST is cheap and could be bought in multiples
if you wanted more grey.  The good thing is that all these sets are still
availalbe, althought the Pod Race may be a little harder to find and if you
live in the US, chances are you can find some deals.

These are just personal choices, keep in mind.

Whatever you have, just build and have fun!

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Luke Ma writes:
Since I will probably be too lazy to make and finish a webpage for these
things until sometime in the future:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=plluke

Contents: small scout, small fighter (using the same parts), an Ice
Planet-type medium fighter.

I'm just getting back into the whole Lego/getting into the whole space thing
so I'm still experimenting with what parts I have.

PLMKWYT.

Luke

PS Anybody have a good recommendation for a set with to get that would be a
good introduction to a lot of the new space-type elements?  Everything I
have is fairly oldschool (some blacktron, some Iceplanet..not much) and I'd
like to start looking at some new possiblities (like the hinged bricks that
click into place...or new sloped elements and cockpits).  Thanks.