 Space / 15881
Re: MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:12:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Luke Ma writes:

PS Anybody have a good recommendation for a set with to get that would be a
good introduction to a lot of the new space-type elements?  Everything I
have is fairly oldschool (some blacktron, some Iceplanet..not much) and I'd
like to start looking at some new possiblities (like the hinged bricks that
click into place...or new sloped elements and cockpits).  Thanks.

I'm with Gil on the AT-ST - it's great for parts.

The two Life On Mars mechs (7313, 7314) have new colours, canopies, and
click-hinges (my favourite new part).  The 7313 is currently half price at
Amazon:
http://guide.lugnet.com/shop/B03A1E56

The T-3 Trike (7312) is cool, with new wheels, hoses, and a bubble canopy.

The Jedi Starfighter (7143) is a nice set on it's own, with a decent mix of
parts including some new slopes.  I can't speak for the rest of the EpII
sets, because I don't have them (yet).

Another great option for the newer parts is Bricklink.

The classic Star Wars fighters (X-wing, B-wing, A-wing, Snowspeeder) were
terrific, but I'm afraid you're out of luck - they're all out of production.
Maybe we could lobby for them to be the next Legend.

Jeff J