 Space / 1582
Re: Old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 00:46:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nan Zhou writes:
I think that TLG still has dozens of those old lego sets in their
inventories.  I mean, with all the ones they produced they have to have some
in their inventory, right?

They probably keep about ten copies of each (maybe more, maybe less) but if
they do, they surely won't have them for sale...

The issue of rereleasing sets has come up numerous times, too bad TLC (1)
refuses to listen. They would make great profit, ESPECIALLY if the sets were
to be "collector's edition" or the like. Examples of sets that would make a
ton: (Check eBay if you don't believe me :)

*Trains: Metroliner and Club car would be natural
choices for the train theme, not to mention the original 4.5V and 12V sets.
*Castle: Undoubtly the Original yellow castle and much sought-after
sets like Armor shop and Guarded Inn.
*Space: I'm no expert but Space Police, Blacktron and IP2002 would be some
good start points.
*Town: Houses, ANY houses. Paradisa sets (eg Poolside Paradise).
Marina sets, airports, monorail. Way too many to mention.
*Pirates: Forbidden Island and BSB would be obvious
choices, maybe others.

Can't think of much more right now, but there is much, MUCH more.

Please, (the) LEGO Company, if you see this, comply!
We want these sets rereleased, you'll make a huge profit from it. Trust me.

-Shiri

(FUT .general and .dear-lego)
(1) They used to be TLG - The Lego Group - now TLC, The Lego Company.