 Space / 1565
  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

(...) ideas (...) Would that be "How to colonize the Universe in 7 easy steps"? At least I think it was 7 steps. I have it and have read it. I have a couple of issues with what he has to say, but overall I would have to agree with you. I wish NASA (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

(...) No wonder I couldn't get his ideas and theories to work. It was EIGHT easy steps. I must have missed one somewhere... -Duane :-) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

Well, I saw the movie on Friday as well, and it was really bad. I saw the young actor, who was in sliders, on Fox news Thursday, after my surgery, and he said it was endorsed by NASA, and there wasn't any silly sci-fi stuff in it. Last time I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

(...) think (...) what (...) some (...) more (...) ago, but (...) I believe it has something to do with NASA switching to the space shuttle and no longer having a rocket big enough to get us anywhere.... Troy (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

(...) Someone made a significant decision in the race to get to the moon when they chose the system of orbiting earth/trans lunar injection and lunar orbit etc. Basically, after the War, Werner Von-Braun had a fantastic single-use rocket which could (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

(...) The United States was in a race with the Soviet Union for bragging rights. The USA landed on the Moon first, thereby winning the pi**ing contest. The USSR bowed out of any further space competitions (in fact, claiming that a manned moon (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.space)