 Space / 15100
  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

Hi there Jon (and everyone else) This is sort of a de-lurk, although I have posted once or twice before on .loc.uk. I've been waiting for my work address to get posting confirmation, which has now arrived, but I was tempted to lurk a little longer (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

Welcome to the fray, William! As Jon was saying, this is really a beauty you have on your hands here. I think one of the nicest touches is the interior detailing right inside the hatch. The rails and the valve (steering) wheels in matching tone (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

(...) Thanks! I prefer Will though - probably filled in the wrong thing in the wrong box on the form... (...) I assume you mean the hatch between the cabin and the bridge? (URL) front wall of the ship is a double skin with a one brick thick space in (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

Great work, William, and glad to read that you are joining the circle of spaceheads! <snip> (...) Did I also notice a touch of the Space: 1999 Eagle or is this just my interpretation? (...) I'd love to see more of your work real soon! Alexander My (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

(...) Indeed that is the hatch. The 1x2 cockpit panels are a great idea...give some definition from the wall rather than a solid slab. I can see now how the teeth are all part of the same unit and lock into the wall. Excellent design...thanks for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

"Will Vale" <will@particle-systems.com> wrote in message news:GyBLvv.36q@lugnet.com... (...) Doh.. and I just posted there too. I need to work on those skills ;-) (snipped lots of cool info) (...) No I'd say you're good to go. :-) Welcome to .space! (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

Sorry, I just read you prefer Will to William. Alexander and not Alex ;-) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

(...) Nurnies! A new word! I think it's one of the finer boxes I've ever seen. Well done. Welcome to space. (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

New? I'm not sure about that, but here's what Google came up with on it: (URL) DIGITAL DREAMS 3D - v.6 NURNIE TUTORIAL - FOR LW AND INSPIRE 3D. by Ryan McClure. One of the biggest issues in modern CG is 'nurnies,' those small little "details" on (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

Welcome to .space! Wow...that is a very, very nice ship. I think the best models tend to be ones that incorporate a very nice color sceme, and your tug certainly has that. I love the hatch you made for it-I don't think anyone has ever made a (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

(...) <snip search results> Yup, that's the word. Little unexplained details that make things look cool. We (at work) think that the effects team for Star Wars coined the term, but I'll see if I can get a better reference. I thought the best Google (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

(...) --Bill. (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Beautiful ship on Brickshelf (sort of)

Superb work Will! I love the clustered colours (cause I do that too ;-D), the overall design, and your use of elements. Can't wait to see more from you. Oh, and welcome to .space! :-) (...) snip (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Star Wars:Lego Troopers on Ifilm!

(...) (URL) If you have trouble with the link, then go to ifilm.com and type in Lego Troopers in the find box, Thanks and enjoyed! (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)