 Space / 14845
Re: Just coincidence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:58:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Neumann writes:

Very cool, Mark!  Vaguely remniscent of the Naboo fighter, but much beefier
and also amusing with the boar reference.  I like the engine design with
those radar dishes and the orange piece (propeller from underwater Alpha
Team?).

Yep, from the Ogel shark sub set.  Also used it on the Wretched Excess in
the engine room. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=187267
That's where the idea came from for the engines.

I love the use of bananas, too.  A couple of questions:
What is the black round piece in this picture:
Is it something off a Bohrok?  I don't collect those so I don't know their
pieces at all.  How's it attached?

The black mechy bit on the side is from a Bohrok.  It, and all the other
Bohrok arms BTW, have a 1x long technic axle built into the back of them.  I
used a technic brick with an axle cutout in it and just stuck it on.  It's
the same thing I did here:

I hope that's the black bit you're referring to, but if it's not, the other
black printed bit on the bottom of the gun is from an insectoids kit.

Also, could you show some photos of how the SNOT portion is connected to the
rest of the ship?

Sorry it's blurry, I just shot it off in a hurry.  I think you'll get the
idea though.

Mark