 Space / 1470
Re: Hangar 33
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald writes:
But despite that, I decided that 6 hours was too long

That is a pain--but then again, that's what nights are for! :)

So after making sure my location and camera coordinates were in nearly
identical positions[2] in both POV files,

Couldn't you get the exact same position by just copying and pasting the camera
and light sources?

I rendered different parts of the scene in two separate
passes: one with the hangar walls and but no ships, and the other without
walls but with the ships, and both renders have the landing plates. The time
savings was incredible, rendering both pictures in a total of less than an
hour. I then called upon the lovely and attractive Photoshop to merge the two,
and it came out exactly as I had pictured it.

Good idea...except if shadows and reflections of the objects are involved--but,
that wasn't the case...

The hangar itself is three levels tall (each level is either 14 or 15 bricks
in height), and occupies an area of 96 studs square (3x3 32x32 landing
plates). It is part of a larger ground base, the design of which is still
classified.
http://www.baylug.org/titan/pw/hang33j.jpg

Well done!
--Bram