 Space / 1465
Re: Hangar 33
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:25:40 GMT

Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message
I've finally POVrayed the hangar I've been working on. I added some light
sources originally to red and white hovertruck, and to the door arches, and
then fired it up at 7pm. At least 6 hours later (I'm not exactly sure how • long
cuz I forgot to check) it finished and the pic was really too dark, because • I
thought the 3 default lights would show up with -l. I should have read • Lars'
postings more carefully.

But despite that, I decided that 6 hours was too long (I'm not exactly
rendering an entire Datsville in one pass y'know...)[1]. So after making • sure
my location and camera coordinates were in nearly identical positions[2] in
both POV files, I rendered different parts of the scene in two separate
passes: one with the hangar walls and but no ships, and the other without
walls but with the ships, and both renders have the landing plates. The • time
savings was incredible, rendering both pictures in a total of less than an
hour. I then called upon the lovely and attractive Photoshop to merge the • two,
and it came out exactly as I had pictured it.

The hangar itself is three levels tall (each level is either 14 or 15 • bricks
in height), and occupies an area of 96 studs square (3x3 32x32 landing
plates). It is part of a larger ground base, the design of which is still
classified.

http://www.baylug.org/titan/pw/hang33j.jpg

More pics are coming in the future as new ships and work crews are added.

Some very nice detailing on the hangar walls.  I look forward to seeing more.

-John Van