 Space / 14603
14602  |  14604
Subject:
First-time poster, long-time lurker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 01:35:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi!

I've been reading this forum for a long time now, but until recently I never
got around to posting anything myself.  I've been a big Lego fan as long as
I can remember.  I build mostly space but occasionally some castle as well.
Anyway, today I managed to take a few pictures of my most recent ship and I
decided to upload them along with some pictures of much older ships I've
made.  Unfortunatly I didn't photo-document my creations very often so most
of my works were destroyed with no record.  This may be in part because I
hardly ever "finish" a project, I just build until I get bored and/or think
of a new idea.  However I do consider the three that I do have pictures of
to be among my best.

First and oldest, created early 1999, is my pirate cruiser (I'm not too good
when it comes to naming my creations).  This basically a big junky pirate
cargo ship.  The rear section opens up and there's lots of space inside for
things.  Also featured in the first picture is a robot-bug and a speeder.

Next is a neat-looking stealth fighter, "completed" about a year and a half
after the pirate ship.  I focused on form a lot.  There's not much junk on
the hull, mostly smooth slanted surfaces.

Third is the CS Centaur.  This is the biggest and most complicated ship I've
ever built.  It started as an idea I had for making a large blue
crystal-looking thing out of space canopy pieces.  The crystal-weapon looked
so cool that I decided to build a ship around it.  I spent a great deal of
time giving detail to the interior areas as well.

I hope you enjoy my creations.  Any comments, questions, compliments, and
criticisms you have would be much appreciated.

-Henry