 Space / 14557
  Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips

I will soon be drawing plans for a very large ship, bigger than any I have attempted before. I have analyzed the structures and building methods of my other ships and have concluded that they will be inadequate for this ship I am planning. So, I am (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips

Actually, it would be nicer if this kind of discussion happened in public (i.e., one of these forums). I'm quite the novice builder when it comes to larger things (hell, I'm quite the novice builder, period). I wouldn't mind seeing pics and reading (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips

(...) Ok...yeah. If you have any input, please post it on LUGNET. Thanks, Curt Tigges ---...--- Commander-in-Chief of Starforce Subdivisions: Battlefleet, Aerospace Forces, Planetary Forces, Explorer Corps (URL) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips

(...) (URL)-Ideas for Nacelles: I'd like to know a good way to attach nacelles to the (...) (URL)-Cheap, small escape pods: With lots of space but not many pieces. (URL)-An ecomomic way to build beds for the crew quarters: So they don't use too (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips

(...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips

(...) Well... If you build decks by; laying down plates, then covering the seems with 2 wide bricks, then laying down another layer of plates; you can get away with very minimal supports. (like the walls of your rooms/bays should suffice) Of course (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips

(...) To strengthen my new (6 ft. long) ship, I used ventral and dorsal spines with lateral cross-beams every 32 studs and extensive compartmentalization. The dorsal spine also serves as a support for the plates that will cover the ship. Due to my (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)