 Space / 14559
Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 15:49:34 GMT

Actually, it would be nicer if this kind of discussion happened in public
(i.e., one of these forums). I'm quite the novice builder when it comes to
larger things (hell, I'm quite the novice builder, period).

I wouldn't mind seeing pics and reading other peoples do's and don'ts, tip
and tricks, spams and non-spams, blacks and whites, etc. on building large
ships.

I have a hanker for a hunk'r to build a large vessel at some point, but have
limited time now. Any guess work I don't have to puzzle out over it
translates into more direct building time (not to say I don't enjoy figuring
things out on my own, I just don't have the time).

Thanks

-Evil Wayne
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.space, Curt Tigges writes:
I will soon be drawing plans for a very large ship, bigger than any I have
attempted before. I have analyzed the structures and building methods of my
other ships and have concluded that they will be inadequate for this ship I
am planning. So, I am askin you guys, particularly the Capital Ship
builders, for suggestions. Here are the things I need the most help on:

-Internal Structural Support: So it won't fall apart or bend if I want to
move it.

-Ideas for Nacelles: I'd like to know a good way to attach nacelles to the
main body of the ship so they don't fall off. The nacelles I would like to
stay seperate from the ship, somewhat like those of the Enterprise in Star
Trek but not so far away from the main hull.

-Cheap, small escape pods: With lots of space but not many pieces.

-An ecomomic way to build beds for the crew quarters: So they don't use too
many "useful" pieces.

I plan for my ship to be about 3-4 feet long and about a foot wide (not
including the nacelles). So if anyone has any suggestions, even about
something not on my list, please post (or email me at CommanderCurt@msn.com).

Thank you,
Curt Tigges
Commander-in-Chief of Starforce
Subdivisions: Battlefleet, Aerospace Forces, Planetary Forces, Explorer Corps
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce/UnitedLFWEB/ULFHome.htm