 Space / 14566
Re: Battleship Soon Beginning Construction, Need Ideas and Tips
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:04:35 GMT

Try checking out these two folders:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8341
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=17841

--Kyle
http://lego.kepplah.com

In lugnet.space, Curt Tigges writes:
I will soon be drawing plans for a very large ship, bigger than any I have
attempted before. I have analyzed the structures and building methods of my
other ships and have concluded that they will be inadequate for this ship I
am planning. So, I am askin you guys, particularly the Capital Ship
builders, for suggestions. Here are the things I need the most help on:

-Internal Structural Support: So it won't fall apart or bend if I want to
move it.

-Ideas for Nacelles: I'd like to know a good way to attach nacelles to the
main body of the ship so they don't fall off. The nacelles I would like to
stay seperate from the ship, somewhat like those of the Enterprise in Star
Trek but not so far away from the main hull.

-Cheap, small escape pods: With lots of space but not many pieces.

-An ecomomic way to build beds for the crew quarters: So they don't use too
many "useful" pieces.

I plan for my ship to be about 3-4 feet long and about a foot wide (not
including the nacelles). So if anyone has any suggestions, even about
something not on my list, please post (or email me at CommanderCurt@msn.com).

Thank you,
Curt Tigges
Commander-in-Chief of Starforce
Subdivisions: Battlefleet, Aerospace Forces, Planetary Forces, Explorer Corps
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce/UnitedLFWEB/ULFHome.htm