 Space / 1452
Re: Who has a space base?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:41:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, John VanZwieten writes:
Other than Eric Kingsley's SW base, who else has built a large-scale space
base?

I've got one in the works, but then it has been in the works for over a year
now.  It got a major upgrade over the holiday weekend, though, and I hope to
get some pictures soon.

I was going to make a virtual space station using my M3 modules, but haven't
gotten round to designing other modules yet. I have one real module built with
an airlock, and I did have a drive section (until it uncoupled and fell onto
the floor :)  It, however, is not exclusively a ground base.

But I've started another virtual base that is ground-based. Right now, there's
just a hangar, and it's almost ready for posting. I did a 800x600AA POV
picture and it took 6+ hours to render it on a P2-350 with 64MB. But in POV's
defense, the hangar was occupied and had a few light sources :) I don't know
how long it actually took cuz I went to bed, and didn't bother to check POV's
timer when I woke up. Pictures are coming soon.

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake used to be a part of US Navy Seal training, but it was
deemed to cruel.