 Space / 1450
Re: Who has a space base?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:31:38 GMT

Paul Mison <lego@songtwo.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:38B43F65.4F88DEB9@songtwo.demon.co.uk...
John VanZwieten wrote:
Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote

where the ships landed and the like. I do have a space station plan • [snip]
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/ADF-Base.html

Thanks, ground bases are actually what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure if you're looking for single building bases or
accumulations of sets. Mine's pretty much 'out of the box' then slung
onto some baseplates, but I like having it set up; I'm moving soon
though so I took some pictures, and if you're interested I've just slung
them onto the web:

-> http://www.songtwo.demon.co.uk/lego/made/monobase/

In case anyone didn't realise how cool the 6990 base station was, I
snapped photos of it closing:

-> http://www.songtwo.demon.co.uk/lego/made/monobase/base.html

This is one of my holy grail sets.  I actually won one in an auction last
fall, but the seller never responded to my e-mails.

You'll notice that there's nowhere for all those minifigs to go to sleep
and take off their visors; I'd like to see if anyone else has a nice
base for them. (There seem to be a few towns with skyscrapers; where are
all the big underground space bunkers? Does everyone want to build natty
ships instead?)

Actually, an underground space bunker is exactly what my son and I are
constructing.  It's built into a red brick mountain which should be 2 - 2 1/2
feet tall, ~180 studs wide, and ~80 studs deep when finished.  So far it's
got crew quarters, sick bay, hydroponics lab, even a garbage masher (Luke's
already been crushed several times :-).

My greatest difficulty is trying to build while the kids conduct battles in,
on, and around the mountain.

-John Van