 Space / 13965
Re: Question about scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:50:48 GMT

Hey Thomas.  Sorry I never got back to you in email.
I personally use the word "microfig" as an umbrella term that absorbs all of
the other smaller then minifig scales.

So on one level (disregarding technicfig scale for the moment) there could
be 2 scales: Mini and Micro.
Then if you wanted to further divide up "microfig" there would be a few
other scales that different AFOLs have established:

-Microfig (might seem odd that this is inside the "microfig" category but it
makes sense to me)
-Nanofig (used by many.  Generally means smaller than microfig)
-Picofig/Kilofig (as far as I know Jeremy Sproat is the only one to have
ever used these terms)
-Stickfig (again I think this Term was created by Sproat but others have
adopted it)

So basically in my mind there are basically 3 scales used by most space
builders: Technicfig, Minifig and Microfig--and the last scale is further
divided up into various scales.

Hope that helps.

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://www.dallas.net/~jpalmer/GS/
| My Lego Creations - http://www.dallas.net/~jpalmer/lego/
| Attack of the Bricks - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

"Thomas Jost" <mreldritch@gmx.ch> wrote in message
Hello all!

I have a question on scales: what exactly does microfig scale mean? Is • this
just  any scale smaller than minifig? I'm wondering because I'm working on • a
huge battleship in something that is what you call microfig...

Regards
Thomas