 Space / 13437
Re: Skyfire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 02:14:11 GMT

This looks promising so far.  Sometime if you could take some side shots or
a shot from above that would be great. Also cropping the image to remove
empty space is a very quick and easy way to improve the picture.

Please don't think I'm trashing your pictures or ignoring the ship itself (I
like it a lot from what I see so far) I know what its like to use a less
than perfect camera (I've been there).

Needless to say its cool that your wife took some pics of your lego for you.
:-)

-Jon
--
| The Galactic Shipyard - http://www.dallas.net/~jpalmer/GS/
| My Lego Creations - http://www.dallas.net/~jpalmer/lego/
| Attack of the Bricks - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

"Kirby Warden" <inourimage@msn.com> wrote in message
Here is a heavy fighter I whipped up last night.

I had been monkeying around with a pair of engines and a main gun for a
couple of days and decided to stick them on something (unlike other sets • of
engines and guns that I built over a year ago and are still lying around).

My wife took the pics and they came out much better than my previous
attempts.  I think she used sunlight.  She took other pics at a different
location but they resulted in a strange "flare" affect which ended with • what
almost looks like negative pics.

When she gets home with the digi-cam, I'll experiment some more myself,
hopefully I will get you some decent angles.

You can't tell from these pics, but the main gun is made up of the dark • gray
Alpha Team "arms".

There are also three functional landing gear.

It holds a crew of two (navigator, gunner) in a nice, snug fit.

The Skyfire is not intended for dogfighting, but rather high-speed • straffing
runs of slow-moving or stationary targets.  Though it is heavily armored, • it
generally has at least two small fighters as escort.  It was built with
large atmospheric worlds in mind, requiring large distances to be traveled
quickly.

(actually, I just made all that up while typing this.  What really • happened
is that once I was finished slapping bricks and slopes together, I stared • at
it for awhile and thought..."hmmmmm, so what exactly did I just build?)

Anyway, LMKWYT.