 Space / 13429
13428  |  13430
Subject:
Skyfire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 02:36:34 GMT

Here is a heavy fighter I whipped up last night.

I had been monkeying around with a pair of engines and a main gun for a
couple of days and decided to stick them on something (unlike other sets of
engines and guns that I built over a year ago and are still lying around).

My wife took the pics and they came out much better than my previous
attempts.  I think she used sunlight.  She took other pics at a different
location but they resulted in a strange "flare" affect which ended with what
almost looks like negative pics.

When she gets home with the digi-cam, I'll experiment some more myself,
hopefully I will get you some decent angles.

You can't tell from these pics, but the main gun is made up of the dark gray
Alpha Team "arms".

There are also three functional landing gear.

It holds a crew of two (navigator, gunner) in a nice, snug fit.

The Skyfire is not intended for dogfighting, but rather high-speed straffing
runs of slow-moving or stationary targets.  Though it is heavily armored, it
generally has at least two small fighters as escort.  It was built with
large atmospheric worlds in mind, requiring large distances to be traveled
quickly.

(actually, I just made all that up while typing this.  What really happened
is that once I was finished slapping bricks and slopes together, I stared at
it for awhile and thought..."hmmmmm, so what exactly did I just build?)

Anyway, LMKWYT.