 Space / 13190
Re: I have been enlightened!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:49:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden writes:
Hi there everyone!

This post is in revelation to recent happenings in this message board.

A week ago you could have shown me a classic space model and I would have
snickered to myself and said "What a stupid piece of junk!". But then we
were presented with the classic space factory. At first I was reluctant but
then eventually took a squiz[1] at it and was fascinated at how cool the
thing was.

I then saw this picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=123733 and the minifig with
the spanner must have gave me a whack on the head because I came to a point
of realisation.

The beauty of classic space is not the size or complexity of the models or
the amount of minifig accessories. Its about being simple. Simple like a
little yellow astronaut with a spanner who can fix anything.

So that's my little rave for today; now all I have to do is track down some
classic space sets. I found 889 in my collection (but the minifig has no
helmet :( and I know that I got a 6883 as a little kid. I also have some of
the parts from my 6783. So I'll have to track down some classic space figs.
Somewhere.

Zac Soden
---------
www.ozbricks.com/battlespace

[1] Squiz; v, Australian slang, an informative look.

There are still classic space MOCs.
Look at mine, with building instructions, at

http://brickcaster.multimania.com

Greetings,

Damien