 Space / 12458
12457  |  12459
Subject:
New spaceship online: the Arthur C. Clarke
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:43:55 GMT

Hi all,

I've just uploaded some (foggy) pictures of my newest creation. I was
between jobs, enjoying a massive number of free days I saved up in my
previous job and had time to build. I must apologize for the lousy quality
of the pictures, but I just couldn't wait for a digital camera to update my
site with this ship. The Arthur C. Clarke is the largest ship I have ever
built. Small compared to Daniel Jassim's Gibralter, its main inspiration, my
carrier is used in the ever more intense conflict with Blacktron pirates
among the moons of Jupiter. It is 77 studs long, 36 studs wide and I could
not exactly calculate its height because of some weird additions on top, so
about 25 studs. If Daniel Jassim still roams this newsgroup, thanks for the
inspiration. I also honour Jon Palmer for the great maintainance bot; mine
is the seventh member of the crew. In naming the Clarke's crew I honour some
of the frequent posters to this newsgroup, all their creations have been a
major inspiration ever since I joined. Anyway, enjoy and LMKWYT.

http://www.zwagerman.net/lego/clarke.html

Alexander