 Space / 12546
Re: New spaceship online: the Arthur C. Clarke
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 05:43:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Alexander Zwagerman writes:
Thanx Dan, but considering the inspiration of Gibralter, you should of
course have been made captain!

Or maybe Supreme Grand Admiral First Class (heh heh, sorry Muffinhead ;^)

Hey, I think it's awesome to be able to create something that inspires
others to build! The funny thing is I used to build some far-out stuff back
in the days, before I ever thought about taking pictures and getting
on-line. I started checking out Lego stuff on the web back in college some
(mumble) years ago. It's cool to see how people's building styles and skills
have progressed over the years. Ideas seem to flow freely and the cream
rises to the top.

Compared to the stuff I saw years ago, a lot of the Lego space MOCs lately
are just frickin' phenomenal. It may be partly due to new and cooler pieces
to build spaceships with now as opposed to maybe 10 years ago, but I also
think that builders keeping getting better and inspire new builders with
different techniques and creations worth studying and emulating, making this
an evolving art form. I love being able to contribute to that evolution, as
we all do each time we post our MOCs.

Dan