 Space / 12173
Re: New transforming space ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:06:48 GMT

Thanks Bobby.  I'm not really a big fan of transformers either, but I really
was interested in the challenge.  I dont think it would be to hard to make some
design changes to the current model to get the mecha mode to look better.  I'm
not really sure if I'll ever get around to that though.  I have too many ideas
for space ships right now.  I think that this will likely be my last mecha for
a while, there are just so many gerat mecha builders now that I dont think that
I can add much to that field.  I'm really a spacer at heart.

Pat J

Hey, this is quite something!  The four set of pictures take a while to load,
but its worth it.  It is amazing how you have managed to fit the whole mech
inside the ship frame; the engine movement is particualary interesting.

I think that I will keep this model around and try to make some design
improvements.  I think the mecha chest area is too big.  The legs are also a
little too small.

Perhaps.
I am not a big fan of transforming mechs.  I think that your space ship mode • is
very good, but the mobile suit mode is limited by default, because it has to
become a space ship once again (and to top it off, it has to be done without
detaching anything).  If I were you, I would build the two things seperately,
but if you are really into transformers then I must say you have a very good
start.  It would seem that a movie based on Vision of Escaflowne will be
released in the US in the very near future (one or two months) and it will • have
a "Talgese III" type MS which transforms into a white dragon (and it looks
quite well at that).  I wouldn't be surprised if transformable mecha become
more widely accepted in build.mecha, so pursue what you enjoy best.

Have fun building more mechs!
Bobby (NOM)