 Space / 12170
Re: Launch of the ASC Inceptor Stormscape class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:02:31 GMT

"Zac Soden" <zac_soden@hotmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.space, Stephen F. Roberts writes:

...Schweet! I particularly like the interiour. looks functional (if cramped).
Tho the engine block doesn't look like it could really output enuf to power all
those guns :-)

tagged for jain's (but u knew that already! :-)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the feedback, its good to get some. I never really considered
that about the engine block, however there is also that dome panel (from the
back of the Sith Infiltrator) mounted on the back of the ship which
pretendedly has a nice bulk of reactor stuff behind it...
It really came down to space as I still wanted room for the mechanics to be
able to access all parts of the reactor; building it any bigger would have
cut them off from the sides and back.

...Classic problem of real life design. Make it field serviceable and you
sacrifice space. But I think your result is great. I like the accessibility of
the reactor. I can see the crew down in the hole trying to squeeze a few more
joules of energy from the reactor during a battle :-)

...I think the interiour shots alone make for a great presentation. If you ever
take the model apart, make sure to go back and get interiour shots for a "making
of" kind of reel and you could use the taking apart process to film some great
battle scenes of the crew maning the guns during a battle :-)
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com