 Space / 11835
Re: Entry for Blacktron Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 02:05:09 GMT

Just so I don't have to type multiple thank-you messages... Thanks to
everyone for the compliments!

Comments below.

In article <Gnop06.1Jv@lugnet.com>,
"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

Anyway, here it is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8659

<snip>

   Magnificent work, Mark, as always.  I've got to agree with the
   majority that your effort at incorporating lights has really
   borne fruit--that ship really exploits the effect of lighting
   well (and it helps, IMHO, to offset the "black hole" phenomenon
   that plagues photography of black LEGO creations).

Yeah, I think it would have been easier to photo had I used a light
somewhere behind the camera. I'm going to have to look into that.

   The design is also really inspired, and it screams of a special
   purpose vessel (that would probably be dead meat outside of that
   role), which I like a *lot* because it demands a good and plausible
   backstory.  Naturally, you provided *that* too.  Now I'm gonna
   have to get involved.  Darn you!

Heh. I usually try to type up some techno-gobbledegook to go with my
vehicles, and this one was more fun because it's a Blacktron contest.
Hopefully, I'll have more time before the deadline to come up with at
least one more entry.

My advice to everyone entering the contest: Try real hard to come up
with something more original than the standard spaceship-with-guns-on.
Richard's Orca is definitely unusual, and if people use their noggins a
bit, I'm sure we'll see a lot more interesting stuff. Remember:
Blacktrons need support vehicles too. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego