 Space / 11832
Re: Entry for Blacktron Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 21:28:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
All right, since Hop-Frog cast the gauntlet, I got off my bum and took
photos of my entry. It's been sitting on the shelf for about 2 weeks. :^P

Anyway, here it is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8659

-------------------

The Blacktron "Obsidian" Mobile Cannon

<snipped cool tactical explanatory note>

   Magnificent work, Mark, as always.  I've got to agree with the
   majority that your effort at incorporating lights has really
   borne fruit--that ship really exploits the effect of lighting
   well (and it helps, IMHO, to offset the "black hole" phenomenon
   that plagues photography of black LEGO creations).

   The design is also really inspired, and it screams of a special
   purpose vessel (that would probably be dead meat outside of that
   role), which I like a *lot* because it demands a good and plausible
   backstory.  Naturally, you provided *that* too.  Now I'm gonna
   have to get involved.  Darn you!

   best

   LFB