 Space / 11794
Re: New MOC: Schlafen class escort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:31:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jordan Greer writes:
  Please don't ask where the name came from. I really don't know (in
fact, I don't know where any of my ship names come from.. =) )

   In German, it's the verb "to sleep." I'm not sure what implication
   this has for your ship.

  Anyhow, I built this ship a long time ago out of the Trade Federation
ATT.
  A lot of the pictures I took of it have disappeared. That's why there
are only two..
  Go to http://www.geocities.com/stuttgartergunther/index.html and
follow the (Schlafen) link under updates or ship models to view it.

   I like the earth-tones, and the use of the brown and dark grey
   together is quite effective.  Have you considered photographing
   your creations on a white sheet as background, or on a piece of
   posterboard?  That would accentuate the details, and get rid
   of those awful size-cues (like rugs and furniture) that make it
   hard to suspend disbelief that these ships aren't really 500m
   long.  :)

   best

   LFB