 Space / 11244
  Structural engineering on large Lego spacecraft.

When I look at a lot of people's ships, they seem to use lateral cross-beams with either no spinal support or some to help manage stress on the frame... What I'm wondering is how effective is that for you guys? My largest ship (7 or 8 pounds) uses (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Structural engineering on large Lego spacecraft.

This is an interesting subject! The structure you choose has a lot of subtle effects on the way your ship looks in the end. As a more pragmatic designer, I believe that the function defines form, and keep flourishes to a minimum. (...) One of the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Structural engineering on large Lego spacecraft.

Very interesting! If not very recent. personally, i do something different: a reinforced spine made out of flat 2x* plates. I make about 6 of these that have a total thickness of 3. I than attack these together with normal bricks. The result is an (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Structural engineering on large Lego spacecraft.

(...) Hey, I missed this when you posted it over 2 months ago, heh. I don't understand what you mean. A picture would provide much clarification. However, it sounds like a quite effective means of strengthening a ship. Do you have ay pictures of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)