 Space / 10587
10586  |  10588
Subject:
Oops, bad url, try Re: Low Earth Orbit is closer than you think!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:14:39 GMT

Oops, I copied the url wrong, try:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/stovepip.htm

In lugnet.space, George Haberberger writes:
The Stovepipe, the military's quickest and most economical way to get into
Low Earth Orbit, has now been declassified for sale to everyone! If you want
to get into orbit, and have significant international credit or lots of
natural resources, you can get a loan and get into your own StovePipe! It
doesn't matter if you're a third world country, a megacorporation or even a
software billionaire, the Stovepipe is for everyone!*

*Some National security restrictions apply. Offer void in rogue states and
for some terrorist organizations.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/stovpip.htm

Building/photography notes:

I'm finally trying out my new SVGA USB camera, and I like it a lot better
than my old parallel port camera (and true 800x600 sure gives better picks
than interpolated 640x480). I do need to work on focusing though.

There's not a lot of detail on this MOC, but then, any hypersonic platform
is basically going to be a wedge. It holds 6 mins, and has a top hatch and a
side hatch. I couldn't fit an airlock in the limited space.

The landing gear restracts, but is a little fragile. Once it's all closed up
though, it's very swooshable.

I had to get this page up, because I have plans for all the red slopes on
it, and I eye the, greedily.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

George