 Space / 10398
Re: MOC: Thousand Astronomical Unit Probe (NEF)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:34:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~lfbraun/TAU.html

Greetings, Lindsay,

You knew that you would get my attention with this one, right?  I'm working
in this same time frame, the near future.  I hope to give you some company soon.

Nice model, faithful to the Daedalus concept.  Those saucer sections are
becoming more useful all the time.  What is the origin of those huge angled
gray parts?  And, what's the scale of this model?  Lastly, why does your
probe at the top have what appear to be solar panels, when you're talking
about travelling out to the dark depths of space, at 1,000 AU?  (The panels
do look cool, I'm just wondering about their use.)

2015 for a manned Mars landing?  Feeling a bit optimistic, aren't we?  :^)

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Biology