 Space / 10009
Re: lugnet.space.mecha?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Dan Simonson writes:
I was thinking about it, and realized... would mecha fit better under space
than just build? About 99% of mechs are under a futuristic
theme/idea/concept, and it would seem a little bit more... in subject than
under generic "build."

I would dislike this for several reasons:

1.  The current schema is more appropriate...  .space is for the "official"
space theme, and .build.mecha tends to focus more on MOC building techniques
(joint design, etc.)

2.  Far more flamewars erupt in .space than .build and .build.mecha
combined.  .build.*, OTOH, seems somehow to have stayed a little more mature.

3.  erm, that's it, I guess.

I'll chime in with Jeremy on this one. I'm happy with it where it's at.
What's really important is that we talk at all anyway, so its not a big deal
WHERE in the hierarchy the group is.

If you feel that your mech has an overally space-y flavor, just post to both
groups...you'll have more fun, and get to reach/talk with more folks that
way anyhow.

Matt