 Space / *19762 (-20)
  anybody seen this?

(URL) how cool :-) -p (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

Thanks for all the kind words folks! I now have the rest of the pics and some text up at: (URL) should answer the questions that some of you had about the interior of the cubes. Thanks for looking! -- Robin Harbron - macbeth@tbaytel.net (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: New MOC: TAPod

ROFL, the neon under the sides is darn hilarious and the minifig too :-D -paul (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

Gah! Mini LEGO borg! Run! I love it, great use of the soccer plates. Now with the soccer sets we could make christmas cubes I suppose. Mark (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: My Seed Part MOC: Warp Generator

"Leanne Opaskar" <lopaskar@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:H82rGK.Jw0@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) it is. (...) Thats pretty neat. It's little things like this that really give character to big ship interiors. [ j o n ] -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  New MOC: TAPod

I've been meaning to build this for a long time, ever since reading this message: (URL) this set a couple days ago convinced me it was finally time to build the pod: (URL) the result: (URL) LMKWYT! --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Some new stuff...

Joe, Both very nice, but that Manta just totally kicks butt! That design is much better than any of the official subs. Bruce (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lame Parts Entry - Strix (New Pictures)

I've added two new pictures of the Strix. (URL) hope these show the rowboat better than the first batch. Reed (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

(...) I really like the color coding, and the exterior details. My question: How are minifigs going to see out?? Or is there anything inside at all? And to Jon: I really like the seed part idea. Great job, -Kevin (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

(...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The XR20 Tadpole.

Hey Tim, It looks really good. Also, I was looking through your new stuff folder earlier (though it looks like it's in unmoderated status now) and I really like some of your other ships, too, especially the one with the two Jango Fett canopies. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: M:tron poster scanned (at last)

Wow. This is really nostalgic for me- even though I never even was alive to get any MTron! :) All the cool spaceships and rovers and bots, all performing their heavy industrial job... no lightsaber or R2-D2 in sight. -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

That's actually very cool! The soccer parts work well like this, and the 'color-coding' is nice, too. I really like the big antenna array on the front of the cube, you did that really well. 'The Cube- featuring greater volume then a pod' Did you (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Seed Part

(...) Dang it! Another Seed Part I don't have. :-( Oh well, maybe next month... Nathan Wells (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

(...) Does it smell sorta like vanilla? I think I know this product, but I can't remember the name either... -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

(...) filler pieces work really well too, like a way of color-coding the cubes. They strike me as a great way to do cargo containers. And there I was at TRU, looking at Lego discounted by 70%... not buying because the set consisted largely of these (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

My gripe, as I said in my original post, is that TLG uses paint to decorate elements that severely limits their usage outside of that theme. Hence, they don't get used that much, if at all. It just seems a shame to limit the flexibility of some of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

(...) Yep, I've run into both issues. A friend found a plastic polish that doesn't leave trans elements cloudy, but I forget the name of it. It was in a silver bag, and the polish was soaked into a piece of cloth. Other than that, it works like a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

So, is your gripe the fact that TLC uses paint to decorate elements, or that TLC decorates elements for themes that don't quite match you building style? I tend to keep all decorated pieces just the way they are. Sure, they might not get used that (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

Wow, that's really groovy! It's like a Borg version of the Pods. Can't you see a giant cube breaking into hundreds of these? Like the pods of the Suliban (spell?) in Enterprise. Cluster together to form larger structures. Excellent work! BTW, I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact