 Robotics / Spybotics / 327
Re: Spybot Hardware Hacking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:51:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Jay Francis wrote:
Hi All,

April's Circuit Cellar magazine has an article I wrote on one method of hacking
the Spybot.  I emulated the I2C EEPROM with a PIC.  I then mapped the upper 128
bytes of the EEPROM variable space (locations 0x80 through 0xFF) for use as an
I/O buffer.  This area is read/write accessible via Mindscript and NQC.

The article is mainly how to do I2C EEPROM emulation in a PIC.  Full source code
is available on the Circuit Cellar website:  www.circuitcellar.com

--Jay

Jay,

Can you post the  details relative to the spybot  somewhere?
that would be very useful to the community...