 Robotics / Spybotics / 251
    Spybot studies: photoelectric eye —Brian B. Alano
   I've started a new project to explore the Spybot's capabilities, (now the John Hansen has given me access to them ;). I plan to undertake s series of "studies" which each explore a single feature or function. I'll post then as I go. This first one (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: Spybot studies: photoelectric eye —John Hansen
   (...) I think this is fantastic, Brian. I look forward to seeing future posts on the results of your studies. I am working with Dave Baum to incorporate the new Spybot API features into the official NQC API. One aspect of that involves documentation (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: Spybot studies: photoelectric eye —Joseph Woolley
   John Hansen wrote: [snip] (...) [snip] John, While working with BricxCC on a spybot project (still not done) I encountered an odd situation. 1st) something happened to the comm port that the spybot cable is connected; I couldn't send or receive (or (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: Spybot studies: photoelectric eye —Brian B. Alano
      (...) [snip] (...) [snip] Cool! It may even be possible to get NQC to download a program (...) Way cool! (...) [snip] (...) Unbelievable! -Brian (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: Spybot studies: photoelectric eye —John Hansen
   (...) I'm nearly certain that you can't (currently) download programs to a Spybot via the USB tower. The MindScript compiler (LCC32) complains that it can't open the serial port (and unless LEGO releases an update to their vpbrick.dll COM object it (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: Spybot studies: photoelectric eye —Joseph Woolley
   (...) Of course you are correct! I repeated the process (unplugging the cable to simulate the failure of the comm port) and found that it detected the spybot through the USB Tower; then when I attempted to download the program, it activated the USB (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)