 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 269
Re: Patched firmware to improve rotation sensor, was Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 00:14:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Phillips wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Hello Don,

I'm having trouble downloading the patched firmware.  Robolab doesn't have a
.lgo file anywhere in the program directory structure, so I don't have a
filename to replace with the patched file.  Downloading in Robolab seems to
work, but I see no indication it's using the patched file.

I think RoboLab uses its own firmware, so patching FIRM0328.LGO won't help you
unless you use the RIS programming environment.  (Or NQC, but that apparently
isn't allowed by FIRST?)

<snip>

That would be disappointing!  I discarded the RIS software very early on.
Dick, can you clarify this issue?