 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 257
Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:22:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Claude Baumann wrote:

We should not forget that the RCX has initially been designed for kids. So the
standard firmware should be considered according to the initial aims, which were
to provide a really great tool - toy for children. Therefore the firmware
designers had an ambituous task to do... and they have done it brillantly. The
many -unfounded- critics appear to me somehow primitive, since you compare - as
we say "Äppel mat Biren" (apples with pears).

Please don't take my post as a criticism of the original firmware, I merely
wanted to point out alternatives.  I agree, the 3ms sample rate is more than
adequate for most applications.

<snip>

Mark

I'm quite interested in the alternative firmware for myself.  However, for this
particular problem, if a correct rotation count is my "Apollo 13's needed
filter", then Robolab is the "cover of the flight manual" - it's what I have on
board, so I have to use it.  FIRST sets the competition rules (of course they
_might_ change next year for all I know . . .)