 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 532
Re: Displaying info while debugging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 02:55:31 GMT

Hi Ralph,

I mentionned a while ago (see msg #508) that I have a problem with
SAVE-SYSTEM. Could it be the same problem? Could it related to the USB
driver and that, while saving the system, there is no period of inactivity
and the buffer gets full or something?

Just a thought.

I tried to insert the word 'wait' (see msg #530) somewhere in the
SAVE-SYSTEM code but I could not find a strategic place for it. I'll look again.

Thanks

Mario

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Mario Beaulieu writes:
Hi,

I would like to be able to show some info on the Terminal Emulator while
debugging, but it seems that pbForth "keeps" the info until the program is
over. For example:

: TEST  100 0 DO I CR .  7 1 0 MOTOR_SET  LOOP  7 4 0 MOTOR_SET ;

will start the motor a while before the 100 numbers are displayed. Actually,
the numbers will appear at about the same time the motor stops. Is there a
way I can make it show each number before the program is over?

Mario,

I did some checking and I think the real issue is with the USB driver
from LEGO. The serial tower does not exhibit this behaviour. It has its
own problems, which include falling asleep after 2 seconds of inactivity.

So, as far as I can tell, the USB driver will not let me read data
from its buffer until there is a period of inactivity on the IR channel....

Cheers, Ralph