 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 529
Re: Displaying info while debugging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 00:35:51 GMT

Thanks a lot Ralph,

And I'm sure you're right. I tried this:

10000 VALUE CTR
: test 100 0 DO I CR .   CTR 0 DO LOOP   LOOP ;

For CTR > 11000, the numbers are displayed one at a time. Below 11000,
they're displayed in batch. So, it probably means that for a 11000+ loop,
the IR channel become inactive long enough to allow you (or pbForth) to read
its buffer.

I'll work on a PAUSE word using the timers. That should work just fine.

Thanks again.

Mario

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Mario Beaulieu writes:
Hi,

I would like to be able to show some info on the Terminal Emulator while
debugging, but it seems that pbForth "keeps" the info until the program is
over. For example:

: TEST  100 0 DO I CR .  7 1 0 MOTOR_SET  LOOP  7 4 0 MOTOR_SET ;

will start the motor a while before the 100 numbers are displayed. Actually,
the numbers will appear at about the same time the motor stops. Is there a
way I can make it show each number before the program is over?

Mario,

I did some checking and I think the real issue is with the USB driver
from LEGO. The serial tower does not exhibit this behaviour. It has its
own problems, which include falling asleep after 2 seconds of inactivity.

So, as far as I can tell, the USB driver will not let me read data
from its buffer until there is a period of inactivity on the IR channel....

Cheers, Ralph