 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 528
RE: Displaying info while debugging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:23:50 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Mario Beaulieu writes:
Hi,

I would like to be able to show some info on the Terminal Emulator while
debugging, but it seems that pbForth "keeps" the info until the program is
over. For example:

: TEST  100 0 DO I CR .  7 1 0 MOTOR_SET  LOOP  7 4 0 MOTOR_SET ;

will start the motor a while before the 100 numbers are displayed. Actually,
the numbers will appear at about the same time the motor stops. Is there a
way I can make it show each number before the program is over?

Mario,

I did some checking and I think the real issue is with the USB driver
from LEGO. The serial tower does not exhibit this behaviour. It has its
own problems, which include falling asleep after 2 seconds of inactivity.

So, as far as I can tell, the USB driver will not let me read data
from its buffer until there is a period of inactivity on the IR channel....

Cheers, Ralph