 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 498
  Displaying info while debugging

Hi, I would like to be able to show some info on the Terminal Emulator while debugging, but it seems that pbForth "keeps" the info until the program is over. For example: : TEST 100 0 DO I CR . 7 1 0 MOTOR_SET LOOP 7 4 0 MOTOR_SET ; will start the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

Ralph, Coult it be that the console (RcxTcl) does that (and not pbForth)? Thanks Mario (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Displaying info while debugging

Yes, rcxTcl is probably looking at the data coming in on the IR and buffering it until there is a pause. I'll check it out this week and send out an update if I can.... How are you making out otherwise with pbForth? Cheers, Ralph (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

(...) Hi Ralph, You may be right because if I insert KEY somewhere in the loop, it displays the information at each pass in the loop. (...) Otherwise, I like pbForth a lot. I'm still learning the particularities of this implementation (what's in, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

I agree that pbForth is GREAT! Hopefully you're forwarding all your debugging words to Mr. Hempel. I noticed on the c.l.f. newsgroup in a message called 'Small terminal emulator' that Lionel Rogers is writing an introduction to programming book (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

Hi David, If I can come up with anything usefull, I could post the source code here or send it to you by e-mail. Again, I think it's best that M. Hempel keeps the core small and that we add extensions to that core. Excuse my ignorance, but what is (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

(...) I agree that the core should be kept small, I'm sorry for not thinking this through all the way. Please do post the definitions on this message board so we can all benefit from your work. I will do the same. (...) No ignorance on your part, a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Displaying info while debugging

Mario (and all other pbForth users - both of you :-) I'm very happy to include ANY contributions that you may have in the source archive. Even if I don't update the actual core, I still add useful scripts to the distribution all the time. Any (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Displaying info while debugging

(...) Mario, I did some checking and I think the real issue is with the USB driver from LEGO. The serial tower does not exhibit this behaviour. It has its own problems, which include falling asleep after 2 seconds of inactivity. So, as far as I can (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

Thanks a lot Ralph, And I'm sure you're right. I tried this: 10000 VALUE CTR : test 100 0 DO I CR . CTR 0 DO LOOP LOOP ; For CTR > 11000, the numbers are displayed one at a time. Below 11000, they're displayed in batch. So, it probably means that (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

Here it is... : wait 15 0 timer_SET BEGIN 0 timer_GET 0= UNTIL ; I go with 0,15 seconds to be on the safe side; 0,10 seconds is too border line. So now, the first example becomes: : TEST 100 0 DO I CR . wait 7 1 0 MOTOR_SET LOOP 7 4 0 MOTOR_SET ; (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

Hi Ralph, I mentionned a while ago (see msg #508) that I have a problem with SAVE-SYSTEM. Could it be the same problem? Could it related to the USB driver and that, while saving the system, there is no period of inactivity and the buffer gets full (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)