 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 464
    H8 assembler —John Hansen
   I'm working on a syntax highlighter for H8 assembler for BricxCC. I downloaded a couple PDFs from Hitachi's website. I have the H8/300 Programming Manual (e602025_h8300.pdf) and THE INTRODUCTION OF HITACHI H8 MICROCOMPUTERS (introduction_h8.pdf). (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: H8 assembler —Ralph Hempel
   (...) No rest for the wicked, John. (...) I always specify the size. Some assemblers can infer the size from the operand, but it's usually better practice to specify it. The L suffix is not supported on the H8/300 variant used by the RCX. (...) I'm (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: H8 assembler —John Hansen
   (...) I'm not entirely sure why either, other than that it is extremely easy to add new language support to the editor component in BricxCC and I thought it would be cool if a user of BricxCC who also writes H8 assembler would be able to edit all (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)