 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 466
Re: H8 assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
On the other hand, I'm not sure why you want to do this. Most folks I know
that are writeing assembler for the RCX use their own editors and IDEs.

I'm not entirely sure why either, other than that it is extremely easy to
add new language support to the editor component in BricxCC and I thought it
would be cool if a user of BricxCC who also writes H8 assembler would be
able to edit all their source code in BricxCC.  Since you can configure
BricxCC to launch other apps and pass command line parameters (like current
source file path) to those applications it would be possible to launch an H8
cross-compiler (or assember, whatever it's called) from BricxCC.

I think you mentioned something about a H8 assember compiler/interpreter
built into a future version of pbForth.  So I thought providing syntax
highlighting and code-completion features (as well as a full-featured editor
with fancy keyboard macro and code template capabilities) would be useful
for users writing H8 assembler.

Thanks for your help,

John Hansen