 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 38
Re: SENSOR_READ doesn't return 0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 06:31:12 GMT

OOPS, that SHOULD read 0x0080 since the mode is a BYTE value. Overzealous urge to get
content into the website is to blame.

Well, I think your progress so far is very good, I can understand the odd slip-up, it keeps us
on our toes. If I get anywhere with the LCD constants for the complicated segments I'll let
you know.

For the light sensor, I generally use the percent of scale mode. My website
has a page on tricks with the light sensor that lets you get useful
measurements this way.

Because I am trying to reproduce something already working, I really want raw mode - it gives
the best resolution anyway.

Please keep the cpmments coming. As far as multitasking goes, hFORTH (which pbFORTH)
is based on DOES have some primitive tasking available. If necessary, I'll try to integrate
it soon, along with the version change and other suggestions...

Wonderful, this is what I'm waiting for. Actually, looking through the NQC code I have
working, there are a couple of other things I need (apart from Sleep()). They are IRMode() and
PlayNote() - the latter is obviously not vital, but I mention it for the sake of completeness.
--
John Cooper, Wallington, UK