 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 23
22  |  24
Subject:
SENSOR_READ doesn't return 0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:17:15 GMT

I have been experimenting with the latest version of pbFORTH (102)

Which announces itself thus:

hhii

hForth H8/300 for RCX RAM Model V1.0.0 by Ralph Hempel, 1998

All noncommercial and commercial uses are granted.

Please send comments, bug reports and suggestions to:

  rhempel@bmts.com

ok

I cannot get the LIGHT? word (tracker.txt) to work, it seems never to
return 0, usually 200 or 300 (hex). I am initialising using:

1 CONSTANT RawLight
1 CONSTANT RunButton
3 CONSTANT MotorStop

: BOT_INIT

  ." BOT_INIT" CR \

  RCX_INIT
  POWER_INIT
  BUTTON_INIT
  SENSOR_INIT

    RawLight SENSOR_ACTIVE
  3 RawLight SENSOR_TYPE   ( Light )
  0 RawLight SENSOR_MODE   ( Raw )

;

What is the significance of a non-zero return by SENSOR_READ ?

--
John Cooper, Wallington, UK