 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 30
RE: SENSOR_READ doesn't return 0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:21:23 GMT

How does 80 in TRACKER.TXT square with the documentation?

"SENSOR_MODE ( mode idx -- )

Sets the specified sensor to one of the following modes. Use your common sense when
combining different modes and types...

0x0000 Raw mode
0x2000 Boolean mode
0x4000 Edge detection - every transition counts
0x6000 Pulse detection - only negative transitions count
0x8000 Percent of scale
0xA000 Degrees Celsius
0xC000 Degrees Fahrenheit
0xE000 Angle detection"

OOPS, that SHOULD read 0x0080 since the mode is a BYTE value. Overzealous urge to get
content into the website is to blame.

For the light sensor, I generally use the percent of scale mode. My website
has a page on tricks with the light sensor that lets you get useful
measurements this way.

Please keep the cpmments coming. As far as multitasking goes, hFORTH (which pbFORTH)
is based on DOES have some primitive tasking available. If necessary, I'll try to integrate
it soon, along with the version change and other suggestions...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

Indside of a dog, it's too dark to read...
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com